The best year to apply for a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa (PRV) is 2023. 465k permanent residents will be accepted by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) this year under various immigration categories.
If you plan to immigrate to Canada in 2023 with a Permanent Resident (PRV) Visa, you should know some key points.
In 2023, Key Canada PR pathways
The Canadian government has created various immigration programs and pathways to allow newcomers to Canada on PR visas.
- Federal Express Entry System is a point-based, online immigration program that registers and assesses skilled professionals from abroad and then issues ITA (Invitation To Apply) for Permanent Resident Visa. This is the fastest method to apply for and obtain a skilled PR visa in Canada. After receiving the Express Entry PR application and the required documents, Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada claim it will process the application within six months.
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs): Each province or state in Canada has one. It invites and evaluates skilled foreign workers and then issues nomination certificates that allow them to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency Visa (PRV). Each PNP stream has its eligibility requirements and processes. Some of the most popular Canadian PNPs include SINP and OINP, MPNP and NSNP, AAIP, AAIP, NSNP, NSNP, and AAIP.
- Investor/Entrepreneur Program– This immigration pathway is for entrepreneurs/investors who wish to start a new business or invest in an existing business in Canada.
- Program for the Self-employed – A person with relevant experience may apply to Canada under the program for self-employed immigrants.
- Family class Immigration – Canadian citizens/permanent residents can sponsor their family members under this category. PR Visa for spouse, parents, and grandparents in Canada
The following are the requirements for a Canadian PR visa.
While eligibility requirements vary depending on the program, some general requirements for skilled migration (via Express Entry or PNP) exist.
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from an approved assessing authority. WES, ICAS, IQAS, etc.
- French or English proficiency test results (minimum CLB7 level), such as IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
- You must meet the minimum eligibility points, such as 67 points for Express Entry- Federal Skilled Worker category.
- Certificate of medical fitness and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) for all family members
- You must also meet the basic requirements of your application.
Keep checking the website for any updates or changes to the rules
You must be aware of the most recent immigration updates and practice changes when you move to a country. This will ensure that you have the proper paperwork and the correct procedure.
Canada PR Visa Application – Funds Required
You will need to pay different fees depending on which immigration program you apply for when you apply for Canadian Permanent Residency Visa (PRV). You will need to pay these fees to apply for a Canadian PR Visa through the federal Express Entry System.
- Canada PR Visa Fee for Primary Applicants – CAD 85 (Primary applicant) + Right of PR Fee – CAD 515
- Spouse/everyday law partner fee CAD 850+ Right to PR Free CAD 515
- Child (Under 22 Years of Age) – CAD 230.
Cost of acquiring Medical and PCC
- Medical Exam (Approx. 5,500)- Though it can vary from place to place
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) – This document can cost you approximately INR 1000 or more, depending on the location you apply.
Other necessary paperwork and needs, such as the IELTS test result, the ECA, proof of funds, etc., must also be paid for. See the link below to learn all the fees and costs associated with applying for a Canadian PR visa.
Last but not least, it is usually advisable to apply for immigration through a reputable and licensed Visa and Immigration Consultant if you are unfamiliar with the process. Always work with a consultant certified by the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants while applying for immigration to Canada (CICC).
You can get more information and apply for a Canadian PR visa in 2023 by contacting Glaarus Overseas Careers, a reputable and well-known visa consulting firm.
You may call Glaarus Overseas Careers Canada Migration Expert at No. 9550783588, or you can drop us an email at email@example.com.